This game was entertaining and fun. Graphics were nice, sound was ok. The way you could interact with the game was also very nice. Yes there is a lot of quality in this BUT...
Every "puzzle" took me less than 5 seconds to solve.
You should really make this game harder. The size of Mike was ok in the very last puzzle. But then you should have made that picture very crowded or something.
Anyways, my overall is a 7 because of the lacking difficulty.
Keep up the good work!
Um . . . I think you might have missed the point. In What Location Is Mike? is SUPPOSED to be easy. That's the joke. Like the last one - a regular Where's Wally thing but everyone has already gone home.
I might make one that is much harder. Sort of like a veterans one or something. Anyway, thanks.
...far too static! Sometimes you really have no clue what strategy you must choose. The results are far from being logical.
(When you assault the base and let the snipers take out the guards, you infiltrate the base with 4 soldiers. After that you lose while being in advantage. It was 4vs2 and the enemy soldiers didn't know the base was infiltrated. So I actually lost while having double advantage)
Maybe you should write the engine in real time, this was pretty annoying.
Graphics, style, sound and violence were ok.
Overall 4. (because of the lack of gameplay which is most important for a game)
it wasnt 4 vs 2 it was 4 vs 100031009030i218439 I just didnt feel like puttin them in.
... I managed to get to the end of the game. You just need to move around a little so the 'zombies' will follow you. Then you move in a circle around them to the arrow which takes you to the next screen/scene where you can just move around the zombies the same way again.
I'm not saying this game is bad. It has potential. The music was chosen well from Resident Evil. (That was maybe the best part of your game because I like the music from the movie) The game is just not good enough and I think this was overrated.
The graphics were not bad, but not special either. You can move in only a few general directions, the AI is pretty dumb, the game was too easy and too short and I can go on and on with critism.
I played the previous version too...
And I didn't even bother to write a review. But now that I see this will pass judgement I will explain to you why I think this game is not good at all.
At first the game is something that has been overdone. I won't say that this will directly harm your score, but you did not add new features to this old concept so it is kind of useless. Now I will explain my other reasons why I think this game shouldn't have a score above 2.
- The graphics are bad. It looks like you rushed into drawing some stuff just because you were too lazy to spend more time on it.
- The sounds are not very good either, just some plain sounds... nothing more.
- The bullet that comes out of your cannon is just a tween inside the same moveclip as your cannon!! It even looks like the bullet is made frame by frame! I mean if I button bash my left mouse button the bullet movieclip repeats itself and not even one bullet will be shot into the air for real! But there is more... if I single press the left mouse button and move my cannon, the bullets angle will move along with the cannon which is the proof that your bullet is indeed just a tween (or fbf) into the same movie clip.
- Your cannon can only move in 10 different angles instead of just moving precisely along with your crosshair.
- The game is pointless and too repetitive. There is no story, there are no clear objectives, not anything that makes me want to play this for more than one minute.
Im sorry for being so harsh but you should really use more mathematics and programming.
Put your bullets in an array and use mathematics like Math.cos, Math.sin and Math.atan2 to calculate their paths.
Keep practising and good luck wih your further submissions...
Looks like your dudes are buttons?
Anyhow, Im not so very satisfied with this game;
- You can only shoot when you aim where you are supposed to aim.
- Your enemies don't do anything. (no AI)
- Amazingly short.
- Graphics and sounds not so good.
Actually, I don't think you can really call this a game, it's some sort of interactive movie.
Keep trying and good luck with your next submission.
... actually the first time I give a review to a dress up. Those things are really not what I like most but this one was nicely drawn. There were also enough objects to dress up the angel.
Maybe you should organize the objects a little more. It was a little bit chaotic. A print button after you have completed dressing up the angel would be nice too.
Overall there was not so much to do, but it has potential. Try to improve on your next submission... and keep up the good work!
Ok i will do my best ^_^!!
Quite original and fun.
It was a quite original and nice game on Newgrounds. Definitely not a beautiful or superb game, but you score high on the fun factor. I was curious how fast I could guess the next silhouette.
The things you should work on in my opinion are the following:
More silhouettes... you should put them in an array and get every game like 10 random silhouettes so people can play more often.
A somewhat nicer layout. Some neater actionScript code for guessing and score.
Keep up the good work!
Looks like a lot of work to me...
It looks like you worked a long time on this.. am I right? I mean there are so many characters and other graphics you have drawn. The idea and atmosphere of the game were good. The graphics were reasonably too. A lot of other things were good but there were also a lot of things not so good.
I bet other people told you this before, but in my opinion you should work on your:
- actionScript: Holding an attack button results in spamming, and the character goes crazy.
- Movements: Your characters cannot move.
- Intro: The intro was okay, but if you close the window and want to play again another time it should be skippable.
- AI: I don't know if the other player was supposed to fight back but he doesn't. I know that making a good AI is not easy, but make it at least do something.
- Interface: Sometimes I really had to search for buttons in order to get myself to the actual game.
My overall score turned out to be a little higher than my avarage because of the time and efforts you spend on it.
Very funny game, actually you should have translated the Dutch into English before submitting it to Newgrounds, people have actually no clue whether you have to avoid or hit the turkeys. (a lot of people dont read author comments)
The graphics were funny and the sounds corresponded with the style of the game.
But you should really reconsider some other parts of the game, like the issue you noticed yourself: that it may be impossible to avoid some turkeys.
The solution to this may be simple: Make the turkeys smaller and play with the actionScript a little. Or maybe you should broaden the road. A distance indicator would be sweet as well :)
Anyhow, keep up the good work!
i know, i know. like the author comment sais i just made this for a project in college. we cut the entire project into bits and pieces so i wondered howmuch the people at newgrounds would like this little piece :) couldnt really be bothered to translate it. thanks for the comment
Well done with the Graphics! The game looks nice and smooth. The things that you could have done better in my opinion are the sounds, the controls and the gameplay.
Sounds: Slightly boring, you could bring the game more alive with some better sounds.
Controls: Your dude jumps after you release the jump button, it should have been better that he jumps right after you press the jump button, you can solve this easily by making a few actionScript adjustments.
Gameplay: Slightly repetitive... maybe some more moves?
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.